Persian Oriental Rug. Magic Carpet Ride Cover.
Persian Oriental Rug
- An authentic oriental rug is a handmade carpet that is either knotted with pile or woven without pile. Oriental-design rugs made by machine, made through hand-tufting or any method other than hand-knotting or hand-weaving are not considered authentic oriental rugs.
- Handwoven or hand knotted rugs native to the Middle or Far East available in many patterns and known for their colorations. Many machine-made rugs, made using Oriental rug designs, are also referred to as Oriental rugs.
- the language of Persia (Iran) in any of its ancient forms
- Of or relating to ancient Persia or modern Iran or its people or language
- Irani: a native or inhabitant of Iran; "the majority of Irani are Persian Shiite Muslims"
- Iranian: of or relating to Iran or its people or language or culture; "Iranian mountains"; "Iranian security police"
This is the first comprehensive survey of the vast and fascinating subject of Persian flatweaves, and in particular floor covers. Previous publications on the subject have largely been dealers' restricted catalogues focusing on a narrow geographical area or the weavings of a particular group, or sections in more general books. This book thus fills a huge gap in the oriental carpet and textile literature. Flatweaves have until recently been seen as merely the products and property of the poor. Since the late 1960s, however, growing attention has been paid to the best known type of flatweave, the gelim, revealing both its quality and variety. Other flatweaves, such as the palas, which is no less frequently found than the gelim, have scarcely been mentioned in any of the literature published so far, yet are shown in this work to be objects of great beauty and diversity. The book is divided into two parts. The first deals with the cultural background to the subject. Drawing on literary sources as well
Oriental Rug Persian Nain
100% hand-knotted in or near the city of Nain. The pile is wool with silk highlights, the foundation is cotton.
This is new & in perfect condition.
It measures 4' x 6' 7"
If you have a question please contact me thru flickr. mail or leave it in the comments.
Oriental Rug Persian Kirman
In very good condition, this measures 4'9" x 2' 10".
Hand-knotted, wool pile, cotton foundation.
Enlarge this to check out the cool bird designs throughout this work of art.
If you have a question contact me thru flickr mail or leave it in comments please.
persian oriental rug
YOUR FIRST 100 WORDS IN . . . PERSIAN
A paperback original
Takes the intimidation out of learning a new language
In the Your First 100 Words In series, readers are shown how to decipher and read a new script by learning 100 primary words in a new language.
Covering the languages of Iran and Afghanistan, this new addition to the Your First 100 Words In series can be used by students as a supplement for their language courses, by parents as an introduction for young children, or by learners independently.
mohawk smartstrand carpet pricing
price of carpet per square foot
persian rugs edinburgh
riverside carpet cleaning
grandi groom carpet rake
runner rugs uk
the rug store austin
Post a comment
| HOME |